Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Camping in a car  (Read 2704 times) Bookmark and Share
JJ

« on: January 12, 2010, 03:34:34 PM »

I converted a $600.00 1993 Pontiac Sunbird for cross country travel.... Small, Great on gas, could park anywhere without as much as a second look, worrying about someone breaking in to it, stealing it, or scratching it. All I did was add a power inverter to run my laptop, little camping t.v., and food cooler. I used the cellphone for wireless internet virtually anywhere. Of course had a zodi portable shower - http://housecar.com/j005_Zodi_Portable_Propane_Camp_Showers.html - I converted the rear seat back to fold down and cut the metal partition to the trunk, and added a few layers of that bedding egg foam under the trunk carpet and threw a pillow in.  This way I could crawl into the rear seat and trunk pull my blanket over and all 6' ft. of me could sleep comfortably without anybody being able to really see me. Most places I usually popped a tent, But for the times I just wanted to pull over and sleep from driving or stay cheap for a day or two in places like New York City, Miami, Boston, L.A. ect... Pick your parking spots well, use your head, and never have a problem.. Kind of like a Modern Day Explorer....  but on the cheap... I spent a year traveling the lower 48 states states this way....
admin
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 09:34:22 AM »

Nice....  Cool
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: